Opera Singing Course
Opera singing course is a form of classical vocal performance that combines music, drama, and theatre. It typically involves singing in a theatrical production, with a full orchestra and a cast of actors and singers.
The singing in opera is characterized by a powerful and expressive style, with a focus on projecting the voice over a large orchestra and conveying emotion and drama through the music. Opera singers must have exceptional vocal control and technique, with a wide range of vocal colours and the ability to sustain long, complex vocal lines.
Opera music is usually composed in a specific style, with its own set of conventions and traditions. These include the use of recitative, a form of sung speech that moves the plot forward; aria, a solo vocal piece that expresses the character’s emotions; and ensemble pieces, which involve multiple characters singing together.
Opera singing is a highly demanding and competitive field, requiring years of dedicated training and practice. However, it is also a deeply rewarding art form that offers the opportunity to express oneself through music, theater, and storytelling.
What You Will Learn
Here are some of the key topics covered in our opera singing course:
- Vocal technique: Students will learn the basics of breath control, tone production, and vocal range, and develop the skills necessary to project their voice over a large orchestra.
- Music theory and terminology: Students will learn how to read sheet music and understand the musical terminology and language specific to opera.
- History and context of opera: Students will explore the different styles of opera, from Baroque to contemporary, and gain an understanding of the historical and cultural context of each style.
- Vocal styles and performance practices: Students will learn the specific vocal techniques and performance practices associated with each style of opera, including recitative, aria, and ensemble pieces.
- Musicianship and stage presence: Students will learn how to use their voice expressively to convey the emotion and drama of opera, as well as how to embody their character and engage with the audience on stage.
- Audition skills: Students will receive personalized instruction on how to prepare for opera auditions and present themselves effectively to casting directors and producers.
- Career guidance: Students will receive guidance on how to pursue a career in opera singing, including information on audition opportunities, networking, and professional development.
Overall, our course at angel’s covers all of the fundamental elements of opera singing, from vocal technique to stage presence and career development, and provides students with a comprehensive education in this magnificent art form.
|Ba(Hons)||3 years full time||CDX3|
|Diploma||1 year full time||CDX4|
Frequently Asked Question
In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of opera singing, including breath control, vocal technique, diction, interpretation, and stage performance. You will also learn about different types of operas and their history.